Compliance and technology go hand in hand
Proving our identity in digital environments has become an almost daily activity, but is it a secure process?
There is a pressing need to maintain and increase security in all these processes without compromising our personal data protection. And that may be possible thanks to biometrics and advances in artificial intelligence technology.
Veridas and dasGate organized an event at the end of May to present case studies from the perspective of compliance and technology. A talk that was moderated by Eduardo Arbizu, Of Counsel at Pérez-Llorca, with the participation of Agustín Puente, partner at Broseta Abogados; Alonso Hurtado, partner at ÉCIJA Abogados; Leire Arbona, Legal and Compliance Director at Veridas and dasGate; and Eduardo Azanza, CEO and Co-Founder of Veridas and dasGate.
The session, which was especially aimed at Data Protection Officers (DPOs), provided an insight into the experience of access to El Sadar, the stadium of Club Atlético Osasuna, the first LaLiga team to implement a facial recognition access system successfully. In addition, biometric solutions for time and attendance control in offices were analyzed in detail, and digital and remote processes for opening bank accounts or issuing digital certificates.
Conclusions of the event
Among the conclusions drawn from the event were the following:
- Modern biometrics is a guarantor and pillar to safeguard our identity, not the other way around. Everyone has the right to use it.
- As we do at Veridas and dasGate, projects of high technical complexity can be carried out with exquisite regulatory care.
- If lost, stolen or hacked, modern biometric vectors are not a threat to my identity (because they are irreversible and not interoperable, they cannot be used outside the system that generated them); this is keystone for regulation to be built proportionally.
- Biometrics and artificial intelligence generate a more secure environment to operate our identity in the digital and physical (phygital) space.
- Veridas and dasGate are leaders in technology and data protection, and we are ahead in development and transparency.