The challenge: complying with gambling regulation
The regulation on access control to gambling halls, casinos, and bingos in Spain keep evolving, and more and more Autonomous Communities are adopting regulations regarding the restriction of players’ access. These regulations include both players voluntarily registered in the General Register of Gambling Prohibitions and minors.
Failure to comply with this legislation can result in heavy penalties. For this reason, among others, operators of gambling-related venues are looking for solutions that will allow them to comply with the new regulations without negatively impacting their users’ experience.
The main challenge in this regard is to verify the identity of clients in an agile and non-intrusive way, ensuring that the identity document they present is valid and belongs to them. Until now, this verification has been carried out manually by security personnel. However, in addition to being more cumbersome, this method is not 100% secure and consumes many resources.
Faced with this situation, Grupo Veramatic was looking for a solution that would allow it to automate the user verification and authentication process, comply with current regulations and optimize its resources.
The solution: a facial biometric access control system
Veridas presents a robust identity verification and access management solution with facial recognition. The solution is approved by the Autonomous Communities, with a software and hardware platform of its manufacture, which allows it to comply with current regulations and control access in an unassisted way, always offering the best user experience.
Compliance with current regulations
The Veridas access control solution is approved by the autonomous communities of Catalonia, Castilla-La Mancha, Basque Country, Cantabria, and Asturias. And is operational in other communities that do not require approval, such as Andalucía or Ceuta, and complies with the access control regulations for gaming halls, bingos, and casinos in force in Spain. In addition, Veridas solutions are developed based on the strictest data protection standards, such as the RGPD and other international regulations.
In the case of gambling, the access platform also makes it possible to check that players are not on banned lists or persons voluntarily registered in the General Gambling Prohibition Register.
Fast and secure registration
To use the system, players must first register. To do so, they verify their identity in a digital onboarding process that consists of the following:
- Identity document verification: Our artificial intelligence engine analyses the document’s security measures, the material’s authenticity, and the data’s matching and checks that it has not been altered in any way.
- Verification of the identity of the person carrying out the process: Once the document has been verified as authentic, the identity on the document must be linked to the person who is carrying out the process, and it must be ensured that it is the same person. To do this, the player must take a selfie that is compared with the photo printed on the document. Our facial recognition engine compares both images and determines if it is the same person.
- Verification of age of majority: When the identity of the person is already certain, the filter of the age of majority is applied. Prohibiting the registration of minors.
- Verification of banned and self-banned lists: Finally, it is verified that the person does not appear on lists of prohibited persons in the autonomous community or voluntarily in the General Register of Gambling Prohibitions.
This process takes less than 1 minute and can be done either in the gambling hall itself or from anywhere using a mobile device.
Quick and convenient access thanks to facial recognition
Once registered, gamers can access the gambling hall via the facial recognition terminal quickly and conveniently, which does not require supervision by security staff.
The access control system identifies the customer, verifies that they are in the database of registered customers, and allows access instantly. At that moment, it checks whether the player is registered in the General Registry of Gambling Access Prohibitions to verify this information in real-time.
More than 1000 customers enjoy this system daily
Grupo Veramatic has become a benchmark for responsible gambling with an access system that provides security and confidence in compliance with regulations. The result is visible daily, with more than 1,000 customers accessing 23 of its gaming halls in both Andalucía and Castilla la Mancha daily.
Thanks to the biometric access control system, Grupo Veramatic achieves:
- Verify the identity of players and prevent access by users without permission.
- Advance in the digitization and centralization of the gaming halls. Thanks to the access management platform, they can know access statistics in all their establishments.
- Relieve access control and optimize resources.
- Improve customer service.
The success story in figures
Shall we turn your story into success?
Fill in this form and get in touch with one of our experts.